[Gdal-dev] GDAL for windows CE

Vasku Pech vaskup at adsmr.co.za
Wed Apr 26 12:55:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am busy developing an application for my company which needs to use GDAL for Windows CE.

I have downloaded a development snapshot from gdal.maptolls.org/dll/daily but it does not want to build using evc++ 4.0

I am following the instructions to build GDAL for Windows CE as a DLL.

The Readme file states:

- evc4_gdalce_dll*
  Project file for eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 to build GDAL/OGR as a DLL.

Summary of building GDAL/OGR for Windows CE:
1. Static Library:
- using makefile.evc4
- using eVC++ 4.0 project file in evc4_gdalce_lib directory
2. DLL:
- using eVC++ 4.0 project file in evc4_gdalce_dll directory
- building with makefile.evc4 is currently broken

I use the workspace file supplied .vcw but it does not want to compile. It tells me that the .vcw and .vcp files where not created in embedded Visual C++.

I have tried to download a stable version of the software via the CVS site. When I enter the password *enter* it gives me the following reply: Unknown host cvs.maptools.org

Can you please tell me where I can download the Windows CE port of gdal with the correct make files or project/workspace files?

Regards,
Vasku Pech