[Gdal-dev] Very very newbie lost with gdalwarp

Steve Alexander comptechltd at charter.net
Thu Apr 27 03:18:01 EDT 2006

I apologize for my ignorance up front.  I am very, very new to this and am
attempting to convert a BigJPG from USAPhotomats as references here:
http://www.msh-tools.com/general.html   Under the "Convert from UTM to WGS84
Lat/Long" heading.

I have to tell you I am LOST.  As I stated earlier am so new to this it is
pathetic.  Basically I am trying to convert a JPG to use in Ozi Explorer to
trace a trailmap to download to my Magellan Explorist 600 GPS like is shown
here: http://www.msh-tools.com/addmagmap/ex4.html

I want to trace an aerial photo trail map, make a new detailed map and
upload it to my GPS.  I am stuck when it comes to using gdalwarp to adjust
the picture and convert the coordinates.  I have tried it but I keep getting
errors.

Can anyone just point me in the right direction.  (Especially what command
line switches I should use with gdalwarp)????

Thanks,

Steve