[Gdal-dev] Re: problem using OCI ovf

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 28 01:16:38 EDT 2006

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:
> Okay, found out this only occurs when using SrcSQL, if I use SrcLayer
> everything works fine.
>
> So I have solved this problem by creating a database view instead.
>
> <OGRVRTDataSource>
>     <OGRVRTLayer name="calamiteitenoud">
>         <SrcDataSource>OCI:BVDE/BART@//rws-svl012i.int.storage.nwr.local:1521/TGEOS.rws.nl:VW_CALAMITEITEN_OUD</SrcDataSource>
>         <SrcLayer>VW_CALAMITEITEN_OUD</SrcLayer>
>         <!--<SrcSQL>SELECT * FROM CALAMITEITEN WHERE ACTUEEL = 0</SrcSQL>-->
>         <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
>         <LayerSRS>EPSG:28992</LayerSRS>
>         <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="CALX" y="CALY"/>
>     </OGRVRTLayer>
> </OGRVRTDataSource>
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> using last week's CVS I am trying to access an ovf point layer in Oracle.
>> In Oracle the X and Y columns are of type NUMBER(22,0).
>>
>> OGR reports all X and Y values as 0 but in the database the correct values
>> are present:

Bart,

Would you mind filing a bug on this.  I'm not going to get to it before
the 1.3.2 release, but I would like a record of it so someone can get
back to it sooner or later.  I'm not sure why the problem is occuring,
but it would be very helpful if you could provide a little snippit of
SQL to create a minimal example table on which OGR has this problem.