[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.3.2 Beta 2 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Apr 28 15:08:36 EDT 2006

Dion Wooning wrote:

> 1. building with MrSID ESDK V5: file lti_version.h is missing.
>    quick fix: I've cooked up a lti_version.h file and put it in
>    frmts/mrsid/ for example:
>
> #ifndef LTI_VERSION_H
> #define LTI_VERSION_H
>
> #define LTI_SDK_VERSION 0x0506
> #define LTI_SDK_MAJOR  5
> #define LTI_SDK_MINOR  0
> #define LTI_SDK_REV    6
>
> #endif // LTI_VERSION_H

Dion,

I did a bunch of work in the mrsid configuration and code to
work properly between version 5 and 6.  The changes are in CVS
if you would like to give them a spin.

This took me roughly 3 hours (with many interruptions).  I hate configure
hacking!

> 2. link problems with OpenDWG current or older: the linklibs don't get
>    included properly into the list of libs. I think this is caused by
>    a wrong order of definition in GDALmake.opt.in, as the following
>    line:
>
>    LIBS    =       @LIBS@ $(DWG_LIBS) $(SDE_LIB)
>
>    is found above the section where DWG_LIBS is defined:
>
>    # DWGdirect Library
>    [...]
>    DWG_LIBS = [...]
>
>    quick fix: include the following line below the DWGdirect Library
>    section:
>
> LIBS += $(DWG_LIBS)

Funky, I don't run into this problem with GNUmake 3.80. My understanding
is that $(DWG_LIBS) becomes part of LIBS and isn't expanded until LIBS
is actually used and that is the behavior I've seen.  Well, I won't take
any action on this till I understand what is going on better.