[Gdal-dev] Status of ng python bindings

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Aug 2 13:00:26 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote: (on June 26)
> Mateusz has not yet completed the work on numpy support for the NG
> bindings.
> I believe currently the ng bindings lack integration with numpy or numeric.
> So, you might want to stick to the old bindings for a few more weeks till
> the upgrade is ready.

What's the status now? I'd love to have numpy integration, and I'd even
like to test and provide feedback (and maybe even code)

In particular, at the moment, I'd like to have

osr.CoordinateTransformation

receive and give numpy arrays.

For what it's worth, I think it would be a fine idea for the GDAL
bindings to require numpy (or at least the numpy array interface) --
that's exactly what numpy is for, and it would be somewhat easier not to
  have a bunch of code to support either numpy or the standard Python
data types.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov