[Gdal-dev] Re: Fwd: gdal swig interface Band.i Updated

Daniele Romagnoli dany.geotools at gmail.com
Sat Aug 5 18:05:39 EDT 2006

On 8/5/06, Charlie Savage <cfis at savagexi.com> wrote:

> In gdal.i add
>
> %include "typemaps.i"
>
> *before* the code you pasted below (so it is loaded before
> gdal_typemaps.i)

Done, but the problem was not resolved :(
I think that the use of JAVA as target Language prevent the "include" of
gdal_typemaps.i as defined by the "if-elif-if-elif..." chain previously
shown.

I also think (maybe I'm wrong) that when using Java, gdal.i will include
gdal_java.i which includes typemaps_java.i which includes typemaps.i.
Here, some parts of code:

gdal.i:
#elif defined(SWIGJAVA)
%include "gdal_java.i"
#else
%include "gdal_typemaps.i"
#endif

Chapter 7.3 of Swig-1.3 Documentation says:
SWIGJAVA Defined when using Java

gdal_java.i:
%include typemaps_java.i

typemaps_java.i:
%include "arrays_java.i";
%include "typemaps.i"

Thus, the result should be the same.

I'm not really familiar with swig but are you sure that the %APPLY directive
is not required?
(excuse me for my stupid question... :-( )

Thanks for your continuous aid,
Daniele

Charlie