[Gdal-dev] SDTS not recognized

Bryan Keith bryan at geomega.com
Thu Aug 10 09:54:34 EDT 2006

Nick,

I don't know if the name makes a difference, but all the SDTS archives
I've seen are named in the format nnnnxxxx.ddf when n is a number is x
is a character.

Testing ogrinfo on an archive I have handy gives these results:

ogrinfo 1109CATD.DDF -al -so
ERROR 4: SDTS Driver doesn't support update.
Had to open data source read-only.
INFO: Open of `1109CATD.DDF'
       using driver `SDTS' successful.

If I try a file that's not the CATD file, then I get this error:

ogrinfo 1109CATS.DDF
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `1109CATS.DDF' with the following drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> MapInfo File
   -> UK .NTF
   -> SDTS

Note that the archive I just tested is actually a raster dataset not a
vector dataset, but I'd try ogrinfo with the CATD file if you have it.
Hope that helps.

Bryan