[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr dimensionality issue with OCI

Ethan Alpert ealpert at digitalglobe.com
Thu Aug 17 18:49:06 EDT 2006

I'm basically doing the following:

ogr2ogr -update -append -f "OCI" "OCI:user/pass at host2"
"OCI:user/pass at host1" bork -sql "select id,geometry from wtm_sub_cells
where ...." -nln WTM_SUB_CELL -lco "GEOMETRY_NAME=GEOMETRY" -lco "DIM=2"
-lco "SRID=8307"

The SDO_GTYPE in the source database is 2003 but ogr is trying to insert
a 3003. Anyone know why this is? I used the -lco "DIM=2". Also note I'm
trying to append data. I created this table with a similar ogr2ogr call
and the SDO_GTYPE is correct in the database. It appears that -update
-append does something different than during create.

-e