[Gdal-dev] SetFeature crashing browser when used with OGR_L_GetFeature

Ben Crane crane_ba at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 22 04:07:17 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Daniel, thanx for the setfeature command, works like a
charm and is surprisingly quick (no insult meant :).
One thing though, now I have tried to select specific
rows to re-write a feature. This does work, but in an
odd way. What happens is that the browser tries to run
the php script, I then get the standard Win XP crash
message saying the PHP Script Interpreter has
encountered an error and needs to close. The script
then finishes, and then runs perfectly with the
updated field present....very wierd.

Here is a section of code that is causing offense:

$tFeature = OGR_L_GetFeature( $hLayer, 1 );
OGR_F_SetFieldString( $tFeature, 1, "test string" );
OGR_L_SetFeature ($hLayer, $tFeature );

In particular, if I don't use $tFeature, then the
browser doesn't crash, when I do try to select a
specific feature, the SetFeature command causes the
browser to crash. Any ideas...ironically it does work,
but each time I get the Win XP IE "error, must close"
message.

I've hunted around for other commands that may be
required, but can't find any...I've even tried the
Get_Fid command instead of manually assigning a
feature ID.

Thanx,
Ben