[Gdal-dev] ruby bindings proj4 stangeness

Shoaib Burq hydromap at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 08:48:47 EDT 2006

I have been banging my head against this for a few hours now with
little success. I have gdal-1.3.2 build with ruby bindings on gentoo.

So far while scripting all had been well until i got to proj4 import
and export functions in osr.

It appears that that osr ruby bindings aren't registering the proj4 functions.

the strange thing is everything else works fine. Also in python these
functions is working fine. Below is the run of the osr test suite to
demonstrate the problem

$ ruby ts_osr.rb
Loaded suite ts_osr
Started
...E........EE..
Finished in 0.077001 seconds.

  1) Error:
test_translate_nad_shift(TestOsrBasic):
NoMethodError: undefined method `set_towgs84' for
#<Gdal::Osr::SpatialReference:0xb7b2930c>
    ./tc_osr_basic.rb:109:in `test_translate_nad_shift'

  2) Error:
test_exponents(TestOsrProj4):
NoMethodError: undefined method `import_from_proj4' for
:Gdal::Osr::SpatialReference
    ./tc_osr_proj4.rb:18:in `test_exponents'

  3) Error:
test_k_0_flag(TestOsrProj4):
NoMethodError: undefined method `import_from_proj4' for
:Gdal::Osr::SpatialReference
    ./tc_osr_proj4.rb:9:in `test_k_0_flag'

So i am running gentoo. gdal was built using the most recent ebuild
(with ruby flags) and everything compiled fine.

any thoughts?
-shoaib