[Gdal-dev] OGR functionality.

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Aug 22 09:39:56 EDT 2006

Murat BEYHAN wrote:
> Dear Friends;
>
> I'm using mandrake linux limited edition 2005.
> And I'm MapServer user.
> For the connect MySQL by using ogr I have tried following connection
>
> <OGRVRTDataSource>
>     <OGRVRTLayer name="aqidata">
>
> <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:eqinfo,user=root,password=mysql_123,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=deneme</SrcDataSource>
>         <SrcSQL>SELECT ID,Lat,Lon,Mag FROM deneme</SrcSQL>
>         <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
>         <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="lat" y="lon"/>
>     </OGRVRTLayer>
> </OGRVRTDataSource>
>

> And I have faced the following
> [root at sakura murat]# ogrinfo /var/www/html/map/agidata.ovf
> ogrinfo: symbol lookup error: ogrinfo: undefined symbol:
> _Z26OGRGeneralCmdLineProcessoriPPPci
> [root at sakura murat]#

Murat,

This problem isn't related to the .ovf file particulars.  It almost
certainly means your ogrinfo executable is using the wrong version of
libgdal.so (likely an older version of libgdal.so with a newer ogrinfo).

Please review your shared library path settings.  You may want to remove
an older libgdal.so, or perhaps set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to ensure the newer
library version gets picked up.