[Gdal-dev] GDAL and Solaris 10/sparc

Shaun Kolomeitz shaun.kolomeitz at epa.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 24 19:03:43 EDT 2006

Thanks Frank,

I had a quick look at getting the IRC client to go, but our work proxy can be a bit difficult to get around.
I will have a look at getting access via SSH, again this is usually not permitted because of security concerns. Perhaps if I could give them a specific client address, and then decide on a time window to allow you "through" our firewall we could have more success.
I suspect that we have everything needed to do a successful build, but I am not entirely sure of what order things should be in. The 32 vs 64 bit build is puzzling me as to which PATH and LD_LIBRARY settings are needed plus which system wide settings should apply.
I've had success in the past in building ECW as a separate (standalone) entity, but not in getting it to link-in with GDAL. I've also managed to get an older version of GDAL (v1.2) working. Bugger me if I can remember how I did it now !
I'll contact our network people and see if I can get access via SSH granted.

Regards,
Shaun

http://osgeo.org

Disclaimer

This e-mail, including attachments if any, has originated from a Queensland government agency and may contain information that is confidential, or covered by legal professional privilege, and is intended for the named recipient(s) only.  If you have received this message in error, you are asked to inform the sender as quickly as possible and delete this message and any copies of this message from your computer system network.

Any form of disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail, including attachments is prohibited.  Unless otherwise stated, this e-mail, including attachments represents the views of the sender and not the views of the Environmental Protection Agency.

Although this e-mail has been checked for the presence of computer viruses, the Environmental Protection Agency provides no warranty that all possible viruses have been detected and cleaned.  Any use of this e-mail could harm your computer system.