[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr : creating Multipolygones shapefiles from Postgis

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Dec 1 08:08:09 EST 2006

I think that just got fixed yesterday, but try including an output SRS,
like -a_srs WGS84. I think what's happening is that ogr2ogr can't determine
what the SRS is for your data when you use the -sql switch. Try examining
it with ogrinfo to see if that's it.

I had the same problem, but when I tried yesterday's daily CVS "snapshot"
(which you have to build from source) that problem went away for me.