[Gdal-dev] Debug assertion failed in GDAL/OGR-1.3.2

Craig Miller craig.miller at spatialminds.com
Fri Dec 1 13:37:41 EST 2006

Jean,

I haven't been following this thread at all, but there are a couple of
common problems that occur when compiling gdal against xerces so I'll just
throw some questions out there in the hopes that it helps you solve your
problem.

When compiling gdal, is wchar_t being used as a built in type?

Project -> Properties -> C++ -> Language -> Treat wchar_t as a built in Type
should be set to "No"

Are you linking against the appropriate debug/release version of xerces when
building?

Are you copying the xerces dll to your project along with the gdal dll?

--Craig