[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr shapefile field types (VRT)

Jesse Cleary jcleary at email.unc.edu
Fri Dec 1 14:04:15 EST 2006

Hi folks

I'm using ogr2ogr to convert a CSV file with all numeric values to a
shapefile (VRT method).  Is there a way to control the resulting field
types in the subsequent dbf?  Inclusion in the VRT file or editing the
DBF afterwards?  All of my fields now come out as type string, which
limits some easy viz options (symbol rotation for example) for some of
our desktop GIS users.  Not a show stopper by any means, but a
preemptive fix would be great.  Using GDAL 1.3.2, thanks!

Jesse

--
Jesse Cleary
Department of Marine Sciences