[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp crashes on LZW compression

Gennady Khokhorin gok at aerometric-ak.com
Fri Dec 1 21:59:28 EST 2006

I'm new in GDAL. Running gdalwarp.exe reprojecting tif from one coord. system to another got program crashed:

Unhandled exception at 0x004436a0 (msvcr80d.dll) in gdalwarp.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000810.

I was applying LZW compression for output file. Process was went about 30 percent (by dos-progressBar). Output image was being created partially (windows Paint can not read it), no georef info. Packbits compression works fine.

Debug mode shows it stops at ChunkAndWarpImage() command for VSIFReadL() function.
Is in known issue or I'm missing something? Prebuild gdal13d-vc8.dll from October 18, 2006 behaive the same way.
I'm with vc8 wout Xerces, winXP.

gok