[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp reprojection errors

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Mon Dec 4 21:21:52 EST 2006

Hi,

I wrote a minimalist kind of gdalwarp C MEX Matlab program and I'm
getting many bad conversions
involving projection changes.

I prepared this example to illustrate one the problems.

gdalwarp -t_srs +proj=sinu w.tif w_sino.tif

The jpeg versions of w.tif and w_sino.tif  can be seen here:
ftp://ftp.ualg.pt/users/jluis/w.jpg
ftp://ftp.ualg.pt/users/jluis/w_sino.jpg

And the original w.tif geotif file is here
ftp://ftp.ualg.pt/users/jluis/w.tif

If I do
gdalwarp -t_srs "+proj=sinu +lon_0=1w" w.tif w_sino.tif
The result is an image with only the west hemisphere.

My gdal versions are gdal1.3.2 and the one in fwtools1.0.6

Joaquim Luis