[Gdal-dev] Compiling under Linux Standard Base

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Dec 7 16:24:25 EST 2006

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> >     --without-libtiff
> >     --without-geotiff
> >
> > If I try to disable libtiff, configure picks it up from the system.
> > I don't want to use the external library instead of the internal, I
> > want it disabled entirely.
> >
> > If I try to disable geotiff configure bombs out before completing.
> > If I specify "/opt/lsb/lib" as the directory configure isn't seeing
> > it even though libgeotiff.a is there.
>
> You might want to file a bug on this.  I don't think I've ever tried
> to build without tiff support, and I think it would be somewhat
> challenging, since a few other drivers and parts of OGRSpatialReference
> depend on bits of libgeotiff.

It's not _that_ big of a deal, just that I'm already compiling
libtiff and libgeotiff (and others) statically into my app, and I
don't need them currently in GDAL itself.  If I get further into
trying to get GDAL statically compiled I may do some tweaks to GDAL
so that it's configure finds my libraries.  I just didn't want to
take the hit for compiling the same library in there twice.

For right now I'm off on other things 'cuz I couldn't manage to get
GDAL to behave for me.  Under the LSB compiler front-ends I can't
compile GDAL without libtool, which is one flag you guys used in
your working examples.