[Gdal-dev] Compile GDAL with Visual Studio .net 2005

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue Dec 12 11:07:34 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
> Is it possible to compile GDAL with Visual Studio .Net2005?

It is possible to compile GDAL using Visual C++ 2005 (compiler
version 8.0) from Visual Studio 2005.

> Could you give some details about your Visual Studio .Net2005
> developpement environement?

I just did build GDAL 1.3.2 using project files from vterrain website.
It works, but the config instructions are a little incomplete.

You have to define HAVE_XERCES=1 in C++ Preprocessor definitions for
'gdal' project file.
You also need to add xerces-c_2.lib to Linker -> Input.

Don't forget to configure libjpeg and libpng as mentioned on the website.

You can see my Output window with 0 errors message:

http://mateusz.loskot.net/tmp/gdal-vs8.png

BTW, there is no product called Visual Studio .NET 2005,
and vterrain uses incorrect name.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot