[Gdal-dev] Building GDAL with GEOS in Unix

Elavazhagan M elavazhagan.mouniandy at kcubeconsulting.com
Sat Dec 16 08:03:47 EST 2006

Thanks a lot Mateusz!!!

There was some problem with my operating system. When I freashly installed 'Fedora Core 5' it worked fine for me.

Regards,
Ela.

Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote: Elavazhagan.M wrote:

> Can anyone please guide me how to enable GEOS Support in GDAL (Unix)? I
> have installed Geos 3.0.0rc2 in my system and configured GDAL 1.32 with
> the following commands:
>
> “./configure –with-geos=yes”. This did not work so I tried with
> “./configure  --with-geos=/root/usr/bin/geos-config” also.
>
> Although these commands worked well and I successfully installed GDAL,
> when I run the command “ogr2ogr”, it gives the following error message:
>
> “ERROR 6: Geos support not enabled”

Could you check if the configuration summary printed after ./configure
does finish its job, includes GEOS support enabled (marked with yes)?

> Do I need to change anything in the makefiles of GDAL?

No, you should not need to hack any makefiles.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net