[Gdal-dev] convert shp-files to gml on a Pocket PC

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sat Dec 16 14:52:32 EST 2006

Dahlman Arne wrote:
> I am looking for some way to convert shp-files to gml on a Pocket PC.
>
> I have read the info on http://www.gdal.org/wince.html.
>
> As I understand the Current Status section, there are support for shp
> but not for gml.
>
> Does this mean that I can't use GDAL for Windows CE for converting shp
> to gml?

Hi Dahlman,

The status of GML is that it hasn't been tested.
Generally, the driver compiles, but I've had no time to test it.
ATM, I've no time to update GDAL port for Windows CE,
but there are new pending features I'm going to put to the CVS.
I'm going to update the port near the end of December or very beginning
of January.

I know there are a few users waiting for better/updated
version of the port. Coming in ~3 weeks.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net