[Gdal-dev] Big Thanks to GDAL developers and list readers

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Dec 23 00:22:08 EST 2006

JEFFERY BULLARD wrote:
> GDAL is a great bundle of tools and I can’t say enough thanks for
> helping me accomplish this site.
>
> Special thanks to Frank W.  Every time I had an obstacle I found good
> documentation and help to get past the issue.  Kudos to all the
> developers and the rest of the GDAL and Mapserver community.
>
> Where do I send my donation?!!

Jeffery,

That's a dangerous question!  There is a sponsorship program, but
from individuals I mostly just ask that they get involved on the
mailing list, and help answer the questions of other new folks
when they can.  This is a big help to the developers (saving them
from answering the same questions over and over), and of course
helps new folks get going with the software.

The same applies for MapServer of course.

PS. It's great to hear stories like yours.  One of the the things
I love about open source is that it gives hobbiests, students and
organizations with limits financial resources equal opportunities
with the biggest budgets if they are willing to put in lots of
sweat-equity.