[Gdal-dev] Java SWIG bindings

Norman Barker nbarker at rsinc.com
Fri Feb 3 07:53:32 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org]On Behalf Of Collins,
Benjamin
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 9:39 PM
To: gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org
Subject: [Gdal-dev] Java SWIG bindings

To All,

I have added support for Java in the SWIG bindings section of the code.
As this is a first commit of some code, I would appreciate anyone who
could test it out!

Some notes:
The build process works on the MS box and the Linux box that I have
access to, but these two machines represent a very small portion of
possible platforms, so I anticipate some time to get the kinks worked
out of the build process.

I have used the most Java-natural classes where I could.  That means
exchanging Hashtable, Vector, and Color objects among other things.  If
you notice any incompatibilities with the intent of GDAL and my
choices, they can be changed.

I have used NIO Direct ByteBuffers for the main part of the data
exchange in the RasterIO.  Please note that I think this is by far the
fastest way to exchange data, but I'm open to other's suggestions.  If
you're using something older than Java 1.4 these will not work!

I have one test application in the apps directory, and I have another
to add soon that demonstrates the reading of raster data.

--
Ben Collins