[Gdal-dev] ogr_miattrind.cpp dependency

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Feb 6 03:11:56 EST 2006

Hi,

As I revealed ogr\ogrsf_frmts\generic\ogr_miattrind.cpp file
is dedicated to MapInfo and has nothing to do with other drivers.
Am I right?

If I am, then why it seems to be required dependency even if I want to
build only shapefile support.
Generic OGRLayer::InitializeIndexSupport
calls OGRCreateDefaultLayerIndex and the only implementation of
OGRCreateDefaultLayerIndex function is available from ogr_miattrind.cpp
file:

OGRLayerAttrIndex *OGRCreateDefaultLayerIndex()
{
     return new OGRMILayerAttrIndex();
}

But as I said, ogr_miattrind.cpp is coupled with MapInfo driver, so
currently there is no way to build OGR with shapefile driver but without
MapInfo driver.
Am I right or I've missed something while analysing OGR sources.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net