[Gdal-dev] Java SWIG bindings

Norman Barker nbarker at rsinc.com
Tue Feb 7 12:09:40 EST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: Collins, Benjamin [mailto:collinsb at mitre.org]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 3:57 PM
To: Norman Barker; gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org
Subject: RE: [Gdal-dev] Java SWIG bindings

LD_SHARED is often not definied in GDALmake.opt after a ./configure
(for some reason).  I have temporarily solved the problem for GNU
platforms by changing the target to call LD and use the -shared flag.
This, as well as the hard-coded -fPIC flag, will not translate to other
platforms; be warned.

A CVS update should solve the problem in your case.
--
Ben Collins