[Gdal-dev] ECW File open failed

Ken Sewell sewell at dramail.com
Tue Feb 7 14:40:02 EST 2006

Ok, I've traced through gdalinfo.  For anyone who's interested I found
that gdb seems to get stuck in libecwj2-3.3/Source/C/NCSUtil/mutex.c in
the function NCSMutexEnd:265 with the call to

pthread_mutex_unlock(&(pMutex->m));

After that point I get a

Cannot access memory at 0x7fffffff4fb0

and gdb won't go on.  I'm not very knowledgable with pthreads, so I'm not
sure what else I can do at this point.  Since it seems like a libecw
issue at this point so I'm going to list it on the ecwsdk 3.3RC1 feedback
page.  Unless any pthread guru's have any advice, I guess GDAL/ECW will
have to go onto the back burner until ecwsdk 3.3rc2.

Ken