[Gdal-dev] Problems building from source on Linux (GDALRegister_DIPX)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Feb 10 09:57:53 EST 2006

Ben Slater wrote:
> I'm trying to build GDAL from source on my home workstation running
> PCLinuxOS 0.92.  I can run "./configure --without-jasper" without any
> problems, but when I run "make", I get some errors and it quits out on
> me.  Below is the last few lines of output on the terminal when it quits
> on me.  It appears to be related to the OGR installation and
> GDALRegister_DIPX - but I'm fairly new to Linux and compiling from
> source, so I need some direction here.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

Ben,

The DIPEx driver is quite new, and was recently renamed from DIPX to
DIPEx.  You might try re-updating from CVS (or grabbing a new snapshot).
In some fashion I think you got an interim version that is mixed up.

Alternatively, a clean build might fix the problem if you are pulling
direct from CVS and just had some old object files sitting around.

I did do a clean build from CVS on a system other than my main dev
system last night, and it seemed to work ok.   And I don't see any
forgotten-to-commit files in my local tree.

warmerdam at pobox.com