[Gdal-dev] ERROR 6: SetColorInterpretation()

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 14 16:09:06 EST 2006

salah jubeh wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I have got this error when i used gdal to translate to HDF format. I
> want to know what does that mean . also the resulting HDF seems to be good
>
> Input file size is 615, 529
> 0...10...20...30...40...50...60...70...80...90...100 - done.
> ERROR 6: SetColorInterpretation() not supported for this dataset.
> (bin) 15 %

Salah,

It means the source file had specific color interpretations for the source
bands (ie. red, green and blue) and tried to set those on the HDF file but
this failed.  That is undoubtedly because HDF format does not include
specific support for color interpretation.

This is not a serious error, and I believe the current CVS version of GDAL
supresses the message to avoid undue concern.