[Gdal-dev] extra qualification 'FITRasterBand::' on member 'FITRasterBand'

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Fri Feb 17 17:26:46 EST 2006

Hello Frank,

That seems to have done the trick.

I do have some other question relating to some issues I'm having with
the configure script - but I wouldn't claim these to be vital, I'm just
pointing them out (also I'm still using 1.3.1 - perhaps I should switch
to the CVS?):

First, if I use '--with-geotiff=/usr', I get the error below, while
ommitting it altogether, or using '--with-geotiff=yes' seems to detect
the external library fine wihtout complaint:

checking for XTIFFClientOpen in -lgeotiff... no
configure: error: We require at least GeoTIFF 1.2.1. Consider using the
one supplied with GDAL

I had compiles 1.2.2, even using a patch that I found online in the bug
tracker, but which I think now was unecessary...

I also have a similar problem with the '--with-jasper' option.  If I
supply the install folder, it will detect it, but GeoJP2=no in the
configure status.  Setting this option to 'yes', or omitting it doesn't
include the library support at all in the config status.  However, if I
use no options with configure (e.g., './configure --prefix=/usr', and if
I have the modified jasper from the gdal website installed, it will
successfully detect the library, and set GeoJP2=yes.  Once I use the
configure script with any additional options, I can't get the jasper
module properly detected with GeoJP2 support, only without GeoJP2.

One last thing - I tried to add support for xerces.  However, I wasn't
able to compile the source for it.  I installed rpms for FC4 (since none
for FC5-i386 were available).  These rpms installed okay (at least no
complaints regarding dependencies), but when I try to include the xerces
library, I get the following:

checking for Xerces C++... requested, but compile or link fails!

g++ -I/usr/include -I/usr/include/xercesc -o conftest conftest.cpp
-L/usr/lib -lxerces-c -lpthread -L/usr -L/usr/lib -ljasper -L/usr/lib
missing -L/usr -L/usr/lib -logdi31 -L/usr -L/usr/lib -lgif -L/usr
-L/usr/lib -ljpeg -L/usr/lib -ltiff -L/usr -L/usr/lib -lpng -L/usr
-L/usr/lib -lnetcdf -L/usr/lib -lcsf -L/usr -L/usr/lib -lcfitsio
-L/usr/lib -lpq -lz -L/usr -L/usr/lib -lm -lrt -ldl

I suppose this probably has to do with the xerces-c compiled for FC4
rather than FC5, but maybe someone has some other insight?

Since I don't think I'm likely to be making use of Jpeg2000 to any great
extent in the near future, I think I'm okay with the current state, as I
can at least one way or another get support for everything else I'm
installing. It would be nice to get the xerces working if I can, but I
can do without it for now as well.

Thanks again for your help,
Mike