[Gdal-dev] warping from lambert to mercator

Keith Wannamaker Keith at Wannamaker.org
Mon Jan 2 20:21:56 EST 2006

Hi Ed, I didn't realize that transverse mercator behaved more like a
lambert projection, with curved parallels.  When I warped to simply
+proj=merc, the resulting image was indeed correct with parallel
parallels and meridians.  It always helps to use the correct projection.
  So the answer to my question was, yes, gdalwarp will accomplish what I
described (and, in fact, does a darn good job at it).

Thanks,
Keith