[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate Question

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Tue Jan 3 13:15:32 EST 2006

Paul Parisi wrote:
> Thanks for the help, Matt. It turns out the SRTM and Landsat files were
> using different coordinate systems. I found a converter online to go
> from lat/long to UTM, so I was able to use gdal_translate successfully.
> gdalwarp will do this too?

You can use cs2cs to translate lat/long coords into utm ones, to use for
  a gdal_translate crop. Then use gdalwarp on the output to convert the
  raster to a different projection. To get the two images cropped to
exactly the same extents it might be better to gdalwarp the source image
before cropping.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie