[Gdal-dev] gdal-grass install problems redux

Putler, Dan Dan.Putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Sat Jan 7 14:10:07 EST 2006

Hi,

I am running into an identical install problem as Maik Trömel
reported on 9 December. I'm running on an old P3 machine (so the
potential problems with x64 aren't relevant in my case). In addition,
I'm running FC4, while Maik (based on the configure output) is
running SUSE. The particular relevant software versions I'm running are:

proj 4.4.9
gdal 1.3.1
grass 6.0.1
geos 2.2.1

I built each of these from source. The one other piece of information
that may be relevant is that grass was build with the --with-gdal
option. The output of the configure is:

[putler at ha667-1 gdal-grass-1.3.1]$ ./configure --with-gdal=/usr/local/
bin/gdal-config --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.0.1
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for g++ -shared ... yes
user supplied gdal-config (/usr/local/bin/gdal-config)
using /usr/local/lib/gdalplugins as GDAL shared library autoload
directory
checking for G_asprintf in -lgrass_gis... no
configure: error: --with-grass=/usr/local/grass-6.0.1 requested, but
libraries not found!

Dan