[Gdal-dev] Problems installing gdal-grass 1.3.1

Putler, Dan Dan.Putler at sauder.ubc.ca
Tue Jan 10 13:44:26 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

Your problem is likely to be solved by editing /etc/ld.so.conf to
include the locations of proj, gdal, grass, and geos. Specifically,
the full path to both gdal-config and geos-config, and the full paths
to the library locations of proj (often /usr/local/lib) and grass (/
usr/local/grass-6.0.1/lib). After editing ld.so.conf, run ldconfig,
and you should be good to go.

I ran into this problem this weekend (and posted for help to this
list), so it seems to be a pretty common issue.

Dan