[Gdal-dev] Status of LFS under win/cygwin?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jan 12 22:02:03 EST 2006

On 1/12/06, Jonathan Greenberg <jgreenberg at arc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> Hi there, I was checking to see if any progress had been made to include LFS
> under cygwin for windows?  Carlos Rueda posted a possible fix a few weeks
> back, and I was wondering if anyone had tried to implement it?

Jonathan,

I have not pursued this matter.  Note that posting patches to
the mailing list is a risky way to dealing with something.  If it
is simple enough to deal with (or a pressing enough issue in
my mind) I might apply it right away.  But if I don't the chance
of my coming back to it are near zero.  Instead bug reports
in bugzilla with all the required details are more effective.

All that said, I'm under substantial pressure on a project
and am unlikely to spend much time on messy build issues
with Cygwin or other similarly un-fun sorts of things.