[Gdal-dev] troubles with gdaltindex

Jeff Moxley jmoxley at grca.on.ca
Thu Jan 19 13:19:45 EST 2006

Hello list.

I am working with MS4W and want to create a WMS for our Ortho Photos.  I
am attempting to use gdaltindex to create my index file.  When I run
gdaltindex I get the following message:
ERROR 4: 'images/*.jpg' does not exist in the file system, and is not
recognized as a supported dataset name.

I know the path and the files do exist and they are in the specified
location.  I tried gdalinfo on one of the files and it returns the
following:

Driver: JPEG/JPEG JFIF
Size is 5010, 510
Coordinate system is ''
Corner Coordinates Blah blah
Band 1 Blah Blah

So it looks to me that the files are readable by GDAL. (The blah's above
are place holders for the real output that I didn't want to type.)

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JM