[Gdal-dev] Help With Transparent Colors

Dolloff, Matthew D. (JSC-ER7) matthew.d.dolloff at nasa.gov
Tue Jan 24 17:08:52 EST 2006

Hello.  I am trying to convert some MrSID images into Geotiffs and
tiling them together.  The MrSIDs are in state plane coordinate system
and I need them in WGS84.  So I convert the MrSIDs to geotiffs using
mrsiddecode from lizard tech.  Then I use gdal warp to change the
projection type.  Then use gdal_merge to merge them together.  The
problem is that I end up with a black collar when I warp the images and
then when I merge them the images cover each other up.  Is there anyway,
that I can crop those collars out?  Here is the link where I am getting
the sids
http://www.nysgis.state.ny.us/gateway/mg/2001/suffolk/01ic_t_babylon_l06
col.htm

Thanks,