[Gdal-dev] filtering on an OGRVRTDataSource

Charlton Purvis cplist at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 27 13:30:28 EST 2006

Hi, folks:

Can I do any type of filtering on a OGRVRTDataSource?  Specifically, I'm
looking to stick something into a MapServer FILTER string that would look
something like:

FILTER "WHERE lon % 5 = 0 and lat % 5 = 0"

Where the '%' is mod.  Basically, give me every 5DD value.

I just pinged the MS folks to see if I could add the % functionality to the
EXPRESSION string, but it would be nicer to get OGR to do it before shipping
the result set to MS.

Thanks,

Charlton

    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    CONNECTION "<OGRVRTDataSource>
        <OGRVRTLayer name=blah_blah_dir_Zref'>
          <SrcDataSource>blah_blah_dir_Zref.csv</SrcDataSource>
            <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
            <GeometryField encoding='PointFromColumns' x='lon' y='lat'/>
          </OGRVRTLayer>
      </OGRVRTDataSource>"