[Gdal-dev] Can we read the NALPS NDF Data format to extract the Pixel data

Charles Wivell charles.wivell at dnr.state.mn.us
Mon Jan 30 10:37:40 EST 2006

Do you mean NLAPS?

The NLAPS header files are just ASCII, so any text editor will display the header info. This info. will tell you how the image data is arranged and the projection information. To get the projection information to Lat/Lon you'll need to use a cartograph library, such as GCTP.

Chuck Wivell
MN DNR, Grand Rapids, MN

>>> Vijay Akkineni <akkineni.vijay at gmail.com> 01/27/06 7:32 PM >>>
Hi Guys,

                I am a computer science student at Texas tech University ..
I am new to Gdal ..can we use gdal to read the NDF Data Format Images of
Landsat and extract the pixel values along with latitude and longitutde of
the image ..Please help  me...

Thanks and Regards,
Vijay Akkineni.