[Gdal-dev] [Fwd: [Geotools-devel] Google Summer Of Code]

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jul 7 06:39:39 EDT 2006

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
>     Could you provide some details about your nmake.opt file?
>
> What flag or option are you interested in?

Did you set any options yourself?
Did you customized nmake.opt file?

As I understand, you can build GDAL with Visual C++ 2005 EE
but the problem is with using GDAL DLL.
Am I right?

>     Have you edited/customized this file for your needs?
>
> Yes.

But GDAL builds, right?
If it does, then your settings are OK.

>     What you mean "problems with the MSVCRT80.dll" ?
>
>     Note, that with VC++ 2005 (no matter what edition) new policy has been
>     introduced, msvcrt80.dll named to msvcr80.dll etc.
>     So, you need to deploy all dependencies DLLs to machines you are going
>     to use your application/library.
>

> Mmm... I'm not expert at VC++ 2005 and I didn't know about the new
> policy. Actually I have uninstalled the VC++ 2005 and I can't try again.
> I dont remember if the problem was on the msvcrT80.dll or on msvcr80.dll.

Hmm, so does it mean the problem disappeared?
I mean, I don't know what kind of help you needs now :-)

> Hovewer, the eclipse problem was something like "... unable to find
> msvcr80.dll"

Did you try to use GDAL with Eclipse on the same machine it was built
with Visual C++ 2005 EE?
If you are getting error about missing DLL library,
then you need to check if:
1. library that is mentioned in the error message is available in the system
2. and it is available in the execution PATH, usually it mean:
- dll has to be installed to C:\Windows or C:\Windows\system
- OR the directory in which you have the missing DLL has to be added
to the PATH environment variable

Please, tell me if you need any further help, because now I'm not sure
if the problem is still present.
What kind of help do you need?

Cheers

--