[Gdal-dev] gdal_rasterize

Andrew Nelson andrew.nelson at jrc.it
Tue Jul 11 12:13:30 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I'm experimenting with gdal_rasterize and I can't get it to work with
compressed GTiffs (using either LZW or DEFLATE).  Of course it works
perfectly with uncompressed images.

Any ideas why this is so? Do compressed files not support 'update mode access'?

I'm using GDAL1.3.2 from FWTools1.0.0 on Windows.

thanks!

Andy

--

*Andy Nelson*
Post-Doctoral Fellow - African Observatory / Geoland Project

e: andrew.nelson at jrc.it <mailto:andrew.nelson at jrc.it>  w: http://www-gem.jrc.it/tem
t: +39 0332 786744       f: +39 0332 789073

Disclaimer required under the terms and conditions of use of the
Internet and electronic mail from Commission equipment: "The views
expressed are purely those of the writer and may not in any
circumstances be regarded as stating an official position of the
European Commission."