[Gdal-dev] specifiying the correct SRID when sending polygons to PostGIS

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 16:11:08 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I have just noticed that when importing some polygons data into PostGIS with
ogr2ogr:

ogr2ogr -nln mapunit -update -append -t_srs '+proj=aea +x_0=0.0 +y_0=0
+lon_0=-96 +lat_0=40.0 +lat_1=20 +lat_2=60.0 +datum=NAD83' -f "PostgreSQL"
PG:"dbname=ssurgo_combined user=postgres password=xxx host=xxx" file.shp

... the SRID of the wkb_geometry column is set to 32767. Could this be due to
the fact that the ourput projection that I am specifying via proj4 style
syntax is not in the proj/epsg file? Is there anyway to manually specify the
SRID that I want PostGIS to enforce on this geometry, something like an
option: -force-srid 9001 . where 9001 is a custom SRID that I have added to
PostGIS ?

Thanks in advance!

--
Dylan Beaudette