[Gdal-dev] "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" building ogrinfo

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Wed Jul 12 17:44:54 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot napisał(a):

> Maciej,
>
> As you can read in my post on the GEOS list, use --without-libtool when
> building GDAL:
>
> ./configure --without-libtool ...rest of your options.
>
> This change is transparent for you, I mean you won't notice any
> changes in GDAL behaviour or you won't need to take any further steps
> to build it. Just pass it and build as usually: make, make install.
> It should work. I tested it today with GDAL CVS and GEOS 2.2.3.

Sorry I couldn't come back to you earlier.

Thanks for "--without-libtool" tip. However, I have fetched GDAL CVS few
minutes ago and tried if I really need that, still having GEOS 2.2.3
installed. And, this time, no problems during make, in spite of not
using "--without-libtool". GDAL built and installed just fine. Whatever
the reason. Letting you know. Strange?

Maciek