[Gdal-dev] another gdalwarp and no data values question

Todd Fagin tfagin at coordinatesolutions.com
Fri Jul 14 15:16:03 EDT 2006

Greetings list.

I also have a question about gdalwarp and NoData values.

I am currently warping a three-band GTiff from UTM Zone 14 to Albers Equal
Area using gdal-1.3.2.  I set both the source and destination NoData values
to 0 and everything seems to run fine.  When I do gdalinfo, for instance, it
shows that 0 is the NoData value for all three bands.  However, when I view
the image with third-party software (e.g. ESRI), it does not recognize 0 as
NoData (or anything as NoData for that matter).

Does anyone know why this is and a possible work around for it.

Todd Fagin

Coordinate Solutions, Inc.

501 N.E. 15th St.

Oklahoma City, OK 73104