[Gdal-dev] Extracting HDF metadata

Inessa Shalomov ishalomo at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 14 23:21:32 EDT 2006

Has anyone tried to extract specific metadata fields from an HDF file format with GDAL?

  I am trying to use GDAL and its HDF file format support to extract specific metadata fields from an HDF file. The GetMetadataItem() call is not recognizing the metadata keys I am passing in, although according to the spec I am using, the keys are valid.

  I used the following code to
  GDALDataset *poDataset;
  GDALAllRegister();
  poDataset = (GDALDataset *) GDALOpen (pszFilename, GA_ReadOnly);
  const char* retval = poDataset->GetMetadataItem(“PRODUCT_UL_CORNER_LAT”, NULL);

  Am I not making the right API calls for HDF? Are there any additional method calls to retrieving the metadata?

  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks