[Gdal-dev] swig - gdal msvcr80.dll errors

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Tue Jul 18 12:33:01 EDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org
[mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.maptools.org] On Behalf Of Mateusz Loskot
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 4:26 PM
To: gdal-dev at lists.maptools.org
Subject: Re: [Gdal-dev] swig - gdal msvcr80.dll errors

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-December/007534.html

http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2005-December/007535.html

>> and this one:
>> http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/showpost.aspx?postid=15218&siteid=1
>>
>> You should be able to find solution there.
>

> Thanks for your help, I have seen these posts and the manifest files
> are with the dlls / exes.  I think the important thing here is the
> main executables work it is just the swig part.  Do you have any
> other ideas?

I understand but sorry I have no idea what's going wrong.
I've never used SWIG on Windows, so I'm not able to help you.

Best regards
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Thanks anyway for your help, why can't everything be as simple on
windows as on linux :-).  Probably why I like java, ant makes life easy.

To make the swig part build and run, I created project files in vc++
express (the other free distro), and linked against gdal.lib, and build
each jni dll in turn.  Works well now, hopefully this will help anyone
else who has the same problem.

Thanks,

Norman