[Gdal-dev] Broken links report

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 21 09:05:29 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yesterday, I found broken in the OGRSFDriver API docs.
> The link is pointing to the old domain velocet.ca.
> So, I decided to find where velocet.ca is used else.
> Here is the report with questions:
>
> 1. gdal/frmts/gxf/gxf.dox
>
> Files linked:
> ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/gxf3_1_0.tar.gz
> ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/gxf3_1_0.zip
>
> Where these files live now?
>
> 2. gdal/frmts/sdts/sdts_main.dox
>
> Files linked:
> http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/iso8211/index.html
> ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/sdts_1_3.tar.gz
> ftp://gdal.velocet.ca/pub/outgoing/sdts_1_3.zip
>
> And where these files are now?

Mateusz,

Generally speaking gdal.velocet.ca is now known as home.gdal.org.
It *used* to be my home machine, but since my move I can't get
to my home machine from the outside world, so it is just another
virtual host on www.gdal.org.  But it doesn't include the ftp
site that was on my home machine, so there is no direct analog
to the ftp urls.

I'll take a look at updating all these.

> 3. gdal/ogr/sfc_tutorial.dox
>
> Files linked:
> http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/src/sfcdump.cpp
>
> And this one?
>

> Last question, there are many links pointing to velocet.ca in the API
> manual in gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/ogrsf_frmts.dox
> Is this file used to generate docs available on the
> http://www.gdal.org/ogr website?
> And is this reasonable to update it?

The GDAL web site is regenerated at least daily from CVS, including
the ogrsf_frmts.dox file.  So yes, updating it should be reflected in
the web site within 24 hours (I think more like every 6 hours).