[Gdal-dev] gdalinfo vs Grass issues

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Mon Jul 24 17:58:41 EDT 2006

Maciej Sieczka napisał(a):
> Using todays' GDAL and GRASS CVS, gdal-grass 1.3.1.2.
>

> Problems:
>
> A. gdalinfo -mm reports Min/Max=nan,nan for any Grass raster exported
> with r.out.gdal, [1], which is wrong - see [2] for actuall value range.
>
> B. Also using the GDAL Grass driver wrong value is calculated, moreover
> gdalinfo issues ERROR 6 twice and segfaults in the end [3].
>
> C. ERROR 6 and segfault on gdalinfo take place for Grass rasters even if
> -mm is not used [4].

Dear All,

Forget the segfault! It was my fault - I didn't rebuild gdal-grass after
building new Grass and GDAL. Doing that fixed the ERROR 6 and segfault
(thanks to Markus Neteler for a reminder).

However, point A. and partially B. are still valid. Ie. gdalinfo -mm
reports Computed Min/Max=nan,nan for any r.out.gdal output that contains
nulls and for Grass rasters themselfs, see:

$ gdalinfo /home/grassdata/xy/nic/cellhd/exp -mm
Driver: GRASS/GRASS Database Rasters (5.7+)
Size is 2181, 2187
Coordinate System is `'
Origin = (2009.000000,4493.000000)
Pixel Size = (1.00000000,-1.00000000)
Corner Coordinates:
Upper Left  (    2009.000,    4493.000)
Lower Left  (    2009.000,    2306.000)
Upper Right (    4190.000,    4493.000)
Lower Right (    4190.000,    2306.000)
Center      (    3099.500,    3399.500)
Band 1 Block=2181x1 Type=Float64, ColorInterp=Gray
  Min=1.000 Max=10.000   Computed Min/Max=nan,nan
  NoData Value=nan
  Metadata:
    COLOR_TABLE_RULES_COUNT=0

Could this be fixed?