[Gdal-dev] Building DLL's on Windows

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Jun 1 17:24:53 EDT 2006

Antoine Hue kirjoitti:

> Le 31 mai 06, à 12:44, Ari Jolma a écrit :
>
>> Adding to this same theme, I managed to compile GDAL in MinGW+MSys,
>> libral with GDAL and Perl in plain MinGW+dmake.exe,
>
> Hello Ari,
>
> what is the version of MinGW and gcc you have been using. We have
> tried to build gdal on MinGW with gcc 3.2.?, it requires some tweaking
> of the jpeg code to get it straight:
> -  gdal1.2.6/frmts/jpeg/libjpeg/jpeglib.h : line 82 add : typedef int
> boolean;
> -  gdal1.2.6/frmts/jpeg/libjpeg/jmorecfg.h : comment line 229
> With gcc 3.4.? (latest version available in MinGW), there is a type
> cast issue.
>
> With gdal 1.3.1 it was even more complex, we did not manage to make it.

I seem to have gcc 3.4.2  in MinGW. I had some problems with something
that I do not remember now -- some small configuration thing --, but
otherwise the compilation went ok. I used the instructions I found on
web (e.g. http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/faq.html) that does not
produce a DLL. I believe that's one reason why the wrapper dll's are so big.

MinGW does not seem to have a mingw.dll, which includes all its libraries?

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics