[Gdal-dev] tiff to jp2ecw

Mark Overmeer mark at overmeer.net
Fri Jun 2 05:12:52 EDT 2006

* Mark Overmeer (mark at overmeer.net) [060529 17:18]:

> * Frank Warmerdam (warmerdam at pobox.com) [060529 14:30]:
> > > (1) the input.tif (geotiff) contains 6 images, created with
> > >       geotifcp [123456].tif input.tif
> > >     however, the resulting output.jp2 contains only one image (the first)
> >
> > Basically GDAL treats GeoTIFF as a one-image-per-file format.
> > If you wanted the six images treated as bands of a single image then
> > you could use a different mechanism to merge the bands. Let me know if
> > that was your desire.
>
> Yes, that is (probably) what I need.  Six bands in one image of six images
> in one file.... probably both work.  How can I achieve the former?

This seems to me as quite a common request: I have 9 seperate GTiff bands
of a LandSat scene and need to repack them into three jpeg2000 files
where equally sized bands are packed into one jpeg2000 (to be accessed
with ERmapper)

I have tried different paths without success. Anyone with an example script?
--
Thanks in advance,

               MarkOv