[Gdal-dev] gdal for ubuntu

Neil Best nbest at speakeasy.net
Fri Jun 2 10:36:17 EDT 2006

Hello, everybody.  I have been trying to build gdal from source for my
ubuntu breezy box and have had some problems building .debs for both
1.3.1 and 1.3.2.  How can I learn more about the status of the debian/
sub-directory and the possibility of getting upgraded packages into the
ubuntu repositories?  I am not even sure up which tree to bark, so any
guidance is appreciated.

I saw some old notes about the gdal packages being stuck at 1.2.6, but
no explanation why.  What are the roadblocks?

Anyone here involved with UbuntuGIS?
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS

Neil